Forscher Solutions provides the CCNA training that delivers the product knowledge as-well-as the knowledge requirements to perform day-to-day management operations on a Network. The training is delivered by Subject Matter Experts currently managing, landscapes in real time environments. The course and its contents are developed by subject matter experts and solution Architects, who deliver the solutions to Fortune 500 and Top-Notch MNCs around the globe.
Target Audience and Pre-requisites:
The training course is designed for from the ground up, so that candidates need no prior networking knowledge. This course sets the training platform for the Networking Engineer to be technically competent to take up the CCNA certification on completion of the course. There are no pre-requisites for this training. All trainings are designed and developed from the ground up by training experts specifically to cater, candidates of all technical back grounds, especially focusing on the Networking Arena.
Fast Track - 5 Days
Normal Track – 7 to 8 weekends or Daily sessions for 8 weeks
Corporates - Custom configured per Client requirements and modules required
Module 1: Understanding Networking Devices:
- Common Terminology used in Networking.
- Understanding the OSI Model
- Purpose of networking devices: routers, switches, bridges and hubs.
- Differences between the operation of a Switch and a Router.
- Purpose of Ethernet Ports, Cables and their types, Connectors and their purpose on a network.
- Difference between TCP/IP and UDP
- Understanding the data packet transmission between Networks.
Module 2: Understanding IPv4 and IPv6:
- Understanding IPv4.
- Private and Public IPs
- Calculating IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway
- Difference between IPv4 and IPv6
- IPv6: Uni-cast, Multicast, Link and Unique Local, Auto-configuration
- Managing IPv6 with IPv4
Module 3: Creating and Managing Local Area Networks (LAN)
- Components required to set-up a simple LAN
- Broadcast Domains and Collision Domains on a Switch
- Switching methods: Store, Forward, Cut through and CAM Table
- Setting up a LAN Network and testing the connectivity using basic tools
Module 4: Creating and Managing VirtualLAN(VLAN)
- Understanding the need for Virtual LANS from Security Perspective.
- Configuring and managing the VLAN
- What is trunking? Setting up trunking on a Switch
Module 5: Advanced Switching Technologies
- PVSTP, Spanning Tree Methodology and Root Bridge Election
- Ether Channels
- Root Bridge Election
Module 6: Routing
- Understanding Routing in a Network.
- Routing Terminology.
- Managing a Router in a Network
- OSPF: Configuration and Management
- Encapsulation on a Inter-VLAN
- Configuring and Managing SVI Interfaces
Module 7: DNS, DHCP, ACLs and NAT
- Understanding DNS and its importance in a network.
- Configuring and Managing DHCP on IOS Router
- Understanding Lease time
- Using ACLs in a Network
- Configuring NAT based on Network requirements
- NTP, its importance, setup and verification as a client device on the Network
Module 8: Security from Networking Device Perspective.
- Password and Transport style security
- Physical security
- Authentication Methods and common errors
- Simplifying Port level security
- Filtering Network Traffic with ACL security.
- Restricting and Disabling SSH and Telnet to a Router.
- Steps to strengthen Network Security
Module 9: Analysis of Common Errors impacting Networked environments
- Typical Configuration errors causing network outages in an Enterprise environment.
- Communication set-up and authentication errors between Servers and Storage
- Trunking: Common errors and their impact on the Network performance, causing bottle necks in throughput
- Common issues encountered during setting up ACLs.
Module 10: Understanding Networking from an Enterprise Perpective:
- Networks and their usage in an Enterprise environment
- Using networks in a Storage environment
- Using networks in a server environment
- Using networks at the application layer
- Networks: The key to integrate Storage, Servers and Application.
- Understanding Cloud Infrastructure.